With Autumn comes acorns. We have six huge oak trees in our yard. They are beautiful but holy acorns! I have discovered that every four or five years the acorns are especially plentiful. They are all over the lawn and you have to watch out not to turn you ankle. Luckily no one has gotten an acorn to the head. A neighbor of mine gave me a great idea to get rid of the acorns. She paid her kids to pick them up. Brilliant! I paid Nathan and Carson a penny for every acorn. Nathan rejected my idea about estimating the number of acorns in the bucket. He actually counted all 350 acorns. Carson estimated. We have gathered about five buckets so far. Saturday, October 25, 2008
Some Fall Pictures
I have been gathering photos with the intention of posting, but just haven't done it. So here is a little of what we have been up to. A few weeks ago we made applesauce with my new puree machine. My friend, Cerissa, came over to help me which made the whole process go much faster. Carson was delighted to be asked to help wash the apples and Jack took a bite out of each one.
With Autumn comes acorns. We have six huge oak trees in our yard. They are beautiful but holy acorns! I have discovered that every four or five years the acorns are especially plentiful. They are all over the lawn and you have to watch out not to turn you ankle. Luckily no one has gotten an acorn to the head. A neighbor of mine gave me a great idea to get rid of the acorns. She paid her kids to pick them up. Brilliant! I paid Nathan and Carson a penny for every acorn. Nathan rejected my idea about estimating the number of acorns in the bucket. He actually counted all 350 acorns. Carson estimated. We have gathered about five buckets so far.
With Autumn comes acorns. We have six huge oak trees in our yard. They are beautiful but holy acorns! I have discovered that every four or five years the acorns are especially plentiful. They are all over the lawn and you have to watch out not to turn you ankle. Luckily no one has gotten an acorn to the head. A neighbor of mine gave me a great idea to get rid of the acorns. She paid her kids to pick them up. Brilliant! I paid Nathan and Carson a penny for every acorn. Nathan rejected my idea about estimating the number of acorns in the bucket. He actually counted all 350 acorns. Carson estimated. We have gathered about five buckets so far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You have been busy! I love the picture of Carson washing apples and Jack taking a bite out of each one. And I'm with Nathan on the acorns. It is good business sense to know you're getting paid for the work you've done! We just paid Dallin to dig thistles out of the pasture. At 10 cents per thistle, he earned $15! Nathan, can you figure out how many he dug??
You are a very smart woman, keep you kids busy, clean your yard and a penny an acorn what a deal!!! Such fun fall things, I'm jealous! We are still in the 90's we are doing pretend fall things!
Looks like you have been doing lots of fun things. I like the acorn idea.
Hey would someone pay me to clean up my house.....that would be fun!
Post a Comment