Does anyone know of an another word for coffee table? We don't drink coffee so it doesn't make sense to call it a coffee table. Just "table" doesn't work when I am trying to tell a child where to find something. Nathan keeps calling it a coughing table. Any ideas?
4 comments:
the foot rest? I dunno....
We call it a coffee table. I hate it too.. But I never thought of anything else to call it...so it stuck.
We call it a Mountain Dew table.
Cash
Good question, Heidi. I think this dilemma calls for another Lawsonism like the one we created for the "goose" (for those of you unfamiliar with the Lawson dialect a "goose" is the basket where you put your keys. The derivation of this word is one such basket which was shaped like a goose). How about something like the "clicker table" or "Nintendo table"? Although maybe the boys would best understand it if you called it the "head bruiser" or "melon-lumper." Anyway, good luck with the name change, Alicia and I are still trying to get Juliette to call me Papa!
Post a Comment