Friday, January 23, 2009

Throwing Things

I have learned a thing or two about raising little boys. They love to throw things and should be allowed to (when it is safe, of course). This morning Carson and Jack had a great time throwing the pieces to the Connect Four game and watching them slide and spin across the hard wood floor. With every throw, Jack would let out a yell or a grunt. Does that make the item being thrown go farther? He seemed to think so.
There is always a little time for self soothing.
And yes, Carson did clean up the pieces when the fun was over.


3 comments:

Harris Happenings said...

Yep, boys will be boys. I like the "when it's safe, of course" sentence...at our house, it's been a basketball being thrown around. So far, it hit the phone on the wall, it jumped out of the cradle and hit the kitchen floor and a little chunk of plastic broke off the cradle. Then it hit the thermostat to the pellet stove--we now have to jump start it. Grrrrr. Enjoy the game pieces while you can!

the herd said...

oh yes!!! I remember trying so hard to stop Ethan from throwing things and now we live in a dodge ball house! I LOVE BOYS!

Megan and Sean said...

That's so cute! (only because it's little game pieces) Such cute boys!